This salad is yummy! It will convert the non-salad eaters! I love to make salads for dinner, especially in Summer when it’s just too hot to turn on the oven. If you have never made your own dressing before, you are missing out! Give this one a try… it’s so easy and full of flavor.
I try to make a lot of my meals from scratch but life does get busy and well…sometimes it’s cereal for dinner. And that’s okay. This recipe comes from a favorite blogger of mine. Her recipes are amazing and I have get to be disappointed. 🍴
I like to buy a rotisserie chicken and add it to my salads for some extra protein. Costco has the best ones in my opinion! (You can’t beat the $4.99 price tag!) Also, you may as well buy a whole Cilantro plant instead of paying the same price for the tiny container at the grocery store.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil or light olive oil
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 large head of romaine, chopped
- 6 ounces of grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups grilled yellow corn (about 2 ears)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted and lightly salted pepitas
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
Get the cooking instructions here: ⬇️ https://www.simplyscratch.com/2014/06/mexicali-chopped-salad-with-creamy-cilantro-lime-dressing.html
*I add rotisserie chicken as mentioned, and top with a little Feta cheese!
Blessings, Jolie 🌼